Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Shopping Trips to Target & Harris Teeter

Though I did get a TON of stuff, I spent way more than I'd hoped.  The reason I spent more than I wanted was because I ended up buying more things at Target and a lot more fresh meat.   I'm a little disappointed, but not mad at myself because I still remained within budget.  I had to take away from my Harris Teeter Super Doubles budget, though!




What you see in the pictures:

1 baby Valentines Tee
1 baby St. Patricks Tee
2 picture frames
3 pk Clorox wipes
2 Gerber Granola Bars
2 Gerber Fruit Bars
2 Carving Board Sandwich Meat
3 Cans Cream of Chicken
1 pk Oscar Mayer Bacon
2.5 lbs Bananas
1 bag Frozen Mixed Berries
1 tub of Country Crock Butter
2 Boxes of Glad Trashbags (32 ct.)
2 Bags Kraft Shredded Cheeses
2 tubs Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Boxes Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cereal
2 Boxes Special K Bars
2 Bags of Tostitos Chips
1 can of Tostitos Salsa
2 Boxes Hefty Zip Bags
6 Boxes of Mueller Pasta
1 Smart Balance Oil
1 Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 Frenchs Mustard
2 L+P Worcester Sauce
2 Ground Beef
2 Pork Chops
1 Chicken Breast
1 Bag Cooked Shrimp
1 tub Sabra Hummus
2 bags Fresh Express Salad
2 Boxes Aunt Jemima Waffles
2 bags Totinos Pizza Rolls
2 Boxes Chicken Toquitos
1 box White Castle Cheeseburgers
2 cans Pillsbury Crescents
2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
3 pks Kraft Cheese
1 tub Breakstone Sour Cream
1/2 gallon Smart Balance Milk
1 CoffeeMate
1 gallon Vitamin D Milk
2 pks Mission Tortillas
1 loaf Roman Meal Whole Wheat Bread

Spent at Target: $79.39
Saved at Target: $33.54
Spent at HT: $94.75
Saved at HT: $81.10

Total Spent: $174.14
Total Saved: $114.16

So, this is NOT a great example of focusing on spending rather than saving, but we do have more than enough food to last us the next couple of weeks.  I am still planning my CVS trip, where I'll pay less than $20 OOP and get all of my canned veggies and fruits there with the EBs I get back.  I will participate in Super Doubles, but I have to figure out the totals of what my budget can hold.

2 comments:

  1. You got a lot of food! Great trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keli. I did get a lot to work with, but I want to be sure to remember my budget is more important than deals. The goal is to slowly spend less and less money at the grocery so I can spend more in other places!

    ReplyDelete