Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Thursday Push!


http://starodubtsevss.wordpress.com/
 I wish.....

...I could be home with Little Steve more often.
...I was already done with school.
...I lived at Lake Anna.
...I didn't have to sit in traffic to get to work.
...I could magically lose 10 more lbs.
...Little Steve would STOP GROWING!
...Relationships weren't so difficult to maintain.

And the list goes on.

Every time I find myself with the case of the 'Iwishes,'  I remember a famous line from my childhood (*censored to be family friendly):

"Wish in one hand and *poop in the other and tell me which one fills up faster."

Unless you're one of my siblings, you have no idea how annoying this phrase was growing up.  However, it's true!  Even with hearing these words of wisdom on a relatively daily basis, I am still learning to appreciate and accept life.  And I don't mean in a 'life sucks, get a helmet' way, I mean it in a 'Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised it'd be worth it' kinda way.

Funny how we spend all of our time wishing things would just happen and go faster, then when we get there, we wish it would all S L O W D O W N.

What a cliche-filled post!  Happy Almost Friday, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the quote! I may have to steal it for one of my upcoming blogs!

    ReplyDelete