Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas with Homemade Tortillas

oooohhh la la :)
 Homemade Tortillas


I cannot and I will not take credit for this easy and delicious recipe.  Thank you, Mommy's Kitchen for sharing it with me!  I was pretty impressed with myself and even allowed myself a personal pat on the back for the way these turned out.  Are they necessarily more frugal than purchasing tortillas?  Not really; tortillas are often on sale and there are always coupons for them; HOWEVER, it definitely added a little something extra to the meal and I plan to make them again.

Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas

This, too, was a little bit of a cheat.  Thanks to Harris Teeter Super Doubles this week, I scored some free McCormick Recipe Inspirations, but here are the spices included:
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Minced Onion
3/4 tsp Ground Cumin
3/4 tsp Oregano Leaves
1/2 tsp Cilantro Leaves
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
You will also need:
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 lemon juice (the recipe calls for orange juice, but I had lemon and love it on chicken)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
8 flour tortillas

Mix lime juice, lemon juice, oil, spices and salt in a small bowl.  Save about 1/4 of the marinade for later and place chicken in a bag or air-tight container.  Refrigerate/Marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Cook and stir chicken in heated skillet on med-high heat.  After browned, add additional marinade and cook until tender.

I added some corn to mine and it was really yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment