Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Thursday Push!


Ladies and Gents:

We are once again nearing the end of the week - HOORAY!  I, for one, have been in need of some serious encouragement.  Thankfully, next week is Spring Break, so I get a week to relax from school, but then I start 2 new classes on top of the online course I started this week.  Talk about some serious a n x i e t y - I'm getting heart burn just thinking about it.

Luckily, I have some really great friends that push me pretty hard to keep going.  In addition, I have some really great friends that inspire me on a daily basis. 

As I've grown, I've realized that friendship comes in many different forms:

I've got the ladies that have restored my sanity since our 'reunion' a.k.a. The Fab Five (Amanda, Ott, Twitty, and Christy).

I've got acquaintances/turned FB friends.  Okay, these are the girls that I've briefly met in 'real life' that I have sort of become a FB (Facebook) stalker of - what up Jessie and Julia!

I've got my beloved 'Mom' friends who have come back into my life and I relate to mostly because we are moms - Sarah!

I am SO lucky to have my family friends (the ultimate always-there-for-you) - Biological AND Pseudos - Nenny, Buddy, Hinny, Rachey, Tyler, Chasey, Kellee, Daddy, Bernie, Twitty (you are included in 2 categories of friendship- AWESOME), Kelly, Brittany, Marc Farkle, Georgie, Leesy, Shanny, J.Vincent, Krista, Jenny, Justin, Denisey, Robert, Leanne, Cricket, April, Michelle, Laura  and the list goes ON AND ON AND ON.

And BIG STEVE, LITTLE STEVE, AND MY MAMA - the ultimate BFFs.

I used to always think it was true that the 'real' friends in your life you'll be able to count on one hand.  Too bad I have a bazillion cousins and I'm pretty sure they're all my 'real' friends.

So, what's the point of this post besides the fact that I have a huge family?  Well, I have learned that it's okay to lean on other people to 'get by.'  There is nothing wrong with admitting you need help and needing someone to push you.  Many of the people listed above have helped me get through so much and I have also had the privilege of being there for them as well. 

How lucky am I to have so many wonderful people in my life?

I watched the last bit of American Idol last night and the song, 'I'll Stand By You' was performed and sort of inspired this post...and made me cry like a baby.

So, to my friends of all kinds:

"Oh, why you look so sad
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Because I've seen the dark side to
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
I'll stand by you"

And thank you for always standing by me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment