Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Thursday Push!

Well, this is has been a ____ week.  There is not really an adjective to describe it; it's not been great, but I know many people have it worse.

Being sick all week has pretty much sucked the life out of me.  The little bit of life that I had left was emotionally drained, so I am not sure how I'm functioning today.

Let's just say that my life is about to endure a big time change.  I'm ready for it, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.  Eventually, when it doesn't feel too personal, I'll share the detes with my readers, but for now...The Thursday Push!

I've prayed a lot this week.  I've prayed for guidance, answers, love, and healing.  Last night, a quote kept running through my head over and over again:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I've always loved this quote, but it especially hits home in my life right now.

When I have my 'moments,' as I call them, when I just want to cry forever, reality eventually does set in and I realize I can't spend the rest of my life crying.  Then I start thinking about why I'm crying.  Am I crying because I feel like it?  Or am I crying because someone pushed me to that level?  If it's the latter, I always remind myself that I've allowed that person to hurt me.

There is nothing wrong with crying - I do it all the time.  The problem lies in allowing someone else to have control over your happiness.

My current issue goes far beyond crying, unfortunately.  But this is a place for me to start. 

If someone can make you cry and not care that they've made you cry, do they really care about you to begin with?

If only I'd asked myself this question years ago.

One more day.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment