Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breaded Pork Chops w/ Mushroom Risotto.

Now, I'm not sure Chef Ramsey in all his hot glory would pass my first timer's risotto, but I was pleased.  TBH, I would probably pay some moolah for him to yell at me and throw my food just to get the chance to bat my eyes at him and convince him to marry me.  Of course, this would be after my braces are off.

I ended up making a TON of Mushroom Risotto by accident.  I used too much Milk and had to double the recipe, so below is a normal person's recipe.

{get in my belly}
You Will Need:

1-1.5 lb Pork Chops (I always prefer bone-out; not a fan of eating off a bone - it makes me feel a little barbaric and just reminds me that the thing I'm eating was once living.)
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Rice
1 cup Whole Milk
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced (I used Baby Bella)
4 cups Chicken Stock
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Butter
1-1.5 cups Parmesan Cheese
EVOO
S&P to taste

Heat up a skillet on medium heat with some EVOO to get it nice and hot for your Pork Chops.  For the breading, simply dredge your Pork in Flour, coating all sides evenly.  Add the Pork to the skillet (when it's hot!) and cook about 5-6 minutes each side.

In a separate LARGE skillet, add a little more EVOO and add your minced Garlic to the pan.  When it starts to brown (about 2-3 minutes), add your sliced Mushrooms and allow to cook until soft.

Add Milk and Heavy Cream to the skillet and stir in the Rice.  Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.  S L O W L Y add your Chicken Stock, a cup or so at a time until it's absorbed by the rice.  Allow to simmer until all liquid is absorbed.

Stir in Butter and Parmesan Cheese and serve!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks fantastic. I am trying this recipe! Come over and visit us. We have a wonderful chicken and dumpling recipe.

    ReplyDelete