Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Going Through Changes.


{source}



Again...

Today is a double post kind of day.  Even if that means breaking the 'blog rules,' it just is.

Last week, I got a call from my boss asking if I'd consider going back into the office part time, so I threw some options around in my head, crunched some numbers, and got back to him with a 'proposal' of sorts.

Without giving too many detes, we've agreed that I will go back to work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8-2 and work from home Wednesdays and Fridays for the remaining 7 or more hours.  Of course, this came with a generous pay increase because I will have to send Stevie back to Mrs. L for 3 days a week.

The Negatives: Well, the most obvious is that the work from home full time was short-lived.  I will now have to deal with traffic, gas guzzlin', and wear and tear on my car.  I won't be able to do a morning run, which means beatin' the heat in the afternoon at least one day a week.  I have to start packing food for Stevie again which is a challenge because I never know what he'll actually eat.

The Positives: My hours on office days are really reasonable and I will still get home at an awesome time.  I've been worried about Stevie's lack of playmates and direct learning as I have few hours to spend with him during the day; Mrs. L and her MIL do a great job of teaching him and he can now grow even more.  I get to wake up at 6 instead of 5 like I used to when I was in the office!  YAH!  I will shower at a decent time and look nice for a few days out of the week :)

Even though the whole working from home took forever to actually put into action, my boss has been really generous to me.  I think he truly cares about my quality of life and understands the place I'm at right now in my life - stressed, overwhelmed, and broke.  Somewhere along the line, he must've decided that I am an asset to the company and has really put TREMENDOUS effort into making my life easier.

The last week, I've been having a nervous break down about all of it because that's basically what I do when things are disrupted; I don't deal well with changes in routine - working on it.  This morning, I woke up and decided to focus on the good changes rather than the bad and that's gotten me through the day so far without any major upsets.  Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and I have to move on.

Let's see where this road goes...

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are still getting what you want, sort of. I worry too that I'm not teaching Benjamin the right way. And that he doesn't get much interaction with kids.

    ReplyDelete