Monday, August 1, 2011

Ham and Cheese Sliders.

Last week, I borrowed Holly's recipe for Ham and Cheese Sliders.  First of all, Holly is my all time fav food blogger; her dishes are so delicious and perfect for the non-culinary student.  I have been wanting to make these for so long because I NEVER underestimate a good sammy.  I was delighted with the results!



I did make a few minor changes to the recipe including leaving out Poppy Seeds, which I regret!  I thought we had some, but we didn't and there was no time for a run to the grocery.  I also chose to use Provolone Cheese and large Hawaiin Sweet Bread instead of small rolls.

Ham and Cheese Sammies

12 slices Ham
12 slices Provolone Cheese
6 large Hawaiin Sweet Bread
1/3 cup Mayo
5 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1/2 tbsp Minced Onions
1 tsp Worcester Sauce (I used more than Holly because I love the stuff!)

Preheat your oven to 350.

Spread bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet/dish.  Spread out an even layer of Mayo on each bottom.  Top with Ham, Provolone, and top it off with the other side of the roll.

To make the sauce, melt the Butter and stir in Yellow Mustard, Minced Onions, and Worchester Sauce (you'll also stir in Poppy Seeds here if you use them).  Spread the sauce evenly over all of your rolls and bake covered for 15 minutes.  Remove cover when finished and bake again for 2 more minutes.

I served it with a simple Caesar Salad and it was super yummy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment