Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Smoked Sausage w/ Spinach Cheese Potatoes

Before I give out the goods, I have to say I have for real beef with my camera charger.  You know, the one that took a few times to order the right one after I lost the original?  Well, he's decided to stop working, so I'm trying to ghetto-fy it to see if I can do something to get him back in action.  MEN!

Anyways, you have to deal with the horrid pictures from my dinosaur phone.



The worst part about the lack of photo quality is that y'all can't see how good this really was. 

Smoked Sausage w/ Spinach Cheese Potatoes

1 pkg Smoked Sausage (cut into thin slices)
3 tbsp Flour
1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups Milk
8 oz Shredded Cheese (I used Cheddar)
10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
5 cups Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
Additional Cheese for topping, if desired.

Preheat oven to 350 so it's ready when you are.

Melt the Butter in a pan on med-low heat.  Mix Milk and Flour together and slowly pour in to the heated Butter, stirring constantly.  Bring mixture to a boil then add Shredded Cheese and continue stirring constantly.  Remove from heat when Cheese has been mixed in and stir in your Frozen Spinach. 

In a baking dish (lightly coated with non-stick spray) add 1/2 of your Potatoes and 1/2 of your Sausage.  Top this off with 1/2 of your Spinach and Cheese sauce.  Repeat the layering and bake for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil.  Remove foil after the 45 minutes, add more cheese for topping (if desired) and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment