Saturday, December 31, 2011

Why 2012 is Gonna Rule.

2011 was pretty great; I made few poor decisions and some really great ones.  I call that a success!


2012 is going to be called the year of 'Running Suzie.'
 It will be called such because I want to maximize my potential hotness and minimize my chub all while making my body feel super good.

I'm sitting here this morning thinking about the many goals I have for the year.  To be a little bit honest, I am looking forward to the new year, but really sad to leave Christmas behind. In fact, I'm a bit in denial about it and have full intentions on keeping my tree up until January is over.  DON'T TRY TO STOP ME!


Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree - you make me so dang happy.

BUT, since I can't stop time, I will share my top 6 goals of 2012 - yes, 6.  Not 5, not 10, but 6.  I am an individual.

So they go:

1.  Become a running freak.  I want to start by making a personal goal to run at least 10 miles a week.  That's truly not a lot and I would really prefer to be somewhere between 10-20, but it's a starting point.  I want to be hot, healthy, and happy.

2.  Implement Date Night.  Without going into the gory details, it's been a rough and trying year for my honey and me.  I can't remember the last time we went on a date, just the two of us.  So, I hereby implement date night.  We have so many resources and friends/family who LOVE spending time with Little Steven and we need to start using our free time for us.

3.  Spend $100 or less on groceries per month.  I do a pretty good job of not overspending where I don't need to, ESPECIALLY with groceries.  Coupons have been a real blessing this year; it's allowed me to switch from working full time to part time and still be able to make ends meet.  I forever love coupons.  I just want to make a strict budget for groceries and come up with creative new meals.  It's totally possible.

4.  Keep up with school.  Stupid school.  I want to make sure I stay above a 3.2 GPA this year and need to do what it takes to make it work.  If that means studying for hours and that Chemistry very well might be the death of me, so be it.  I need to get my RN and I need to do it ASAP; with the competition to get into the program here, I have to be the best I can be.

5.  SEW!  I didn't sew like I wanted to when I got my machine for Mother's Day.  Part of it is being able to afford material and fabric, but another part is not making time for it.  Of course I'm busy, but I love being creative and want to do more with my machine.

6.  Do more fun things with my boy.  I started doing Friday lunch dates with Little Steven a while ago and that has been fun,  but he's getting old enough to start going to museums, the zoo, etc. and those things are fun, so we're doing it.  Fridays will be 'adventure days' and we'll be dragging along his Aunt Kelly and cousin, Austyn, for the adventure.  FUN TIMES TO BE HAD BY ALL!

Have the best New Year ever! 
Make goals and work for them. 
We control our actions and reactions, so stop finding reasons not to do things you want to do.
In the words of my sweet, adorable cousin Marc,
"If you want to be happy, be."

2 comments: