Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Peasy Sausage & Pasta Saute


Easy Peasy Sausage & Pasta Saute

You will need:
1 pkg. Smoked Sausage (your fav. kind - a.k.a what ever is on sale!)
1 pkg. uncooked noodles (I used Penne)
1 can Sweet Peas or 1-2 cups frozen (lightly buttered if desired)
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (I used Three Cheese)
1/3 cup Condensed Milk (or heavy whipping cream OR 1/4 cup regular milk)
1 tbsp EVOO

Directions:
Boil water for noodles.  While water is boiling, cut sausage into approx. 1/2 inch slices.  Heat sausage in a large skillet; coat skillet with EVOO first.  Saute sausage until browned (approx. 4-5 minutes).  Add peas and continue to saute until tender.  Add red pepper flakes and stir for about a minute.  In a large serving bowl (or whatever bowl you have - I used a big Redskins bowl, haha) toss the pasta and sausage together.  Add Condensed milk (or subsitute) and cheese and toss until cheese is melted.

Soooo good, soooo good.

5 comments:

  1. That DOES look easy, and so versatile! It's going on my menu plan now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good and looks easy! I have some pasta and sausage in the pantry/freezer... I'll have to add this to my menu.

    Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursday! (I tried to upload a pic of your recipe from last week and it wouldn't let me, which is why there is a link and no picture!)

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    It was delicious. The last time I tried it - the one pictured above - I used frozen peas that were already lightly buttered and it came out even better! I have no idea why, but the flavors were just spot-on. I love making stuff that can easily be switched up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Keli - thank you for the feature on your blog. That really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks so yummy! I will most def be trying it - THANKS :)

    http://mommyscookingadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete