Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Knock Their Socks Off Chicken Enchiladas!



It was my first time making these, and I have to admit - they were D E L I C I O U S.  It was like a little weekday fiesta!  Haha, okay maybe I'm having too much fun with this. 

I picked up a few basic recipes at Allrecipes.com (super fun site) and made it my own.  The coolest part about cooking is that it's not standard - once you learn the basics of cooking and learn how different products go together and taste, it's so easy to come up with something all your own.  I rarely use a recipe to the fullest because I'm kind of a picky eater (sorry Big Steve!), so I am constantly swapping ingredients and it works.

Knock Their Socks Off Chicken Enchiladas
4 Cups cooked and cubed/shredded Chicken (use whatever Chicken you want!)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Salsa (I used Medium)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
4 Tsp Chili Powder
10 Tortillas (not the small ones - around 6-8 in.)

Get your chicken cooking first, so you can start on other parts to make it more time efficient :)

Preheat the oven to 350.  Stir the Sour Cream, Cream of Chicken, Salsa, and Chili Powder in a medium bowl.  Transfer about 2 cups of this salsa mixture to another bowl and add your cooked Chicken and Monterey Jack Cheese.

Transfer chicken and salsa mixture onto tortillas; roll them and place in a baking dish.  When all tortillas are filled, pour the remainder of the salsa mixture over top of the rolled tortillas and top with some extra cheese if you'd like :) 

Bake for about 40 minutes and VOILA!

This would easily serve a normal family of four, but if you have a Big Steve, you might only have enough for 2 adults and a lunch the next day...LOL!  For small kids, I'd use a very mild salsa; I was too nervous to upset Little Stevie's belly, so he had a separate meal.

So yummy. If you try it, let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment