Saturday, January 8, 2011

Harris Teeter & CVS Shopping Trips

my stuff!

Harris Teeter

1 box of Truvia
2 Lysol Wipes
1 Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips
5 Snack Packs
2 Special K Bars
2 Campbells Chunky
2 Diet V8 Splash
2 Trop 50 Orange Juice
2 McCormick Grinders
5 Chef Boyardee
5 Healthy Balance Juices
3 Packages of HT Fresh Chicken
2 lbs of bananas
3 Green Giant boxed Veggies
1 Dole Frozen Fruit
10 Light & Fit Yogurt
2 Pillsbury Grands
2 Pillsbury Pizza Crusts

Total before coupons: $135.22
Total after coupons: $62.39
HT Savings: 45.43
TOTAL SAVINGS: $118.26!

CVS

4 Planters Assorted Nuts Packs
2 Special K cereal
1 Frosted Mini Wheats
1 Quilted Northern (12 rolls)
2 Emerald Almond canisters
2 Revlon Nail Polish
2 Softsoap
1 Rembrandt White
1 Colgate Maxfresh
1 Listerine Total Care

Total before coupons and Extra Buck deals: $101.10
Total after coupons and EBs: $50.34
Total savings: $50.76
EB Back: $6
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed to learn that EB offers are totaled after coupons, so I missed out on $15 EBs that I was expecting.  But now I know for the next time!

UPDATE:  CVS Trip #2
Okay, I am no longer mad at CVS.  I didn't realize that you don't have to do one transaction to get the EB rewards, so I went back, used the EBs I earned earlier and a couple I found in my file, and bought this:

1 Special K cereal
1 Quilted Northern (12 pack) toilet paper
2 CVS Brand 'D' battery packs
2 Diet Coke (20oz)
1 Desitin (4oz)
1 CVS Green Bag

Total OOP (Out of Pocket): $16.99
Total Saved: $17.42
EB Rewards: $14!
So, I get $14 towards my next trip!  AWESOME!

I can't believe I saved $186.44 and only spent $129.72.  This is so exciting!  I have two more trips planned tomorrow - one to Safeway and one to Harris Teeter (again because they only double 20 coupons a day).  I don't intend to go to HT twice in a weekend normally, but they're doubling coupons up to $1.99 this week and they normally only double up to $0.99, so I feel like I have to take advantage of it.  I don't expect to spend more than $60 tomorrow, but I will definitely post details.  At the end of the weekend, I will have bought twice what I normally buy.

I have officially declared myself a 'couponer' and am HAPPY about it.  I can't wait to get the paper tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment