Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Thursday Push.



"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." -Author Unknown

Oh, 4:30am, you come way too quickly.  It was so hard to get out of bed this morning; so hard that I slept in until 5:20, which meant coming to work with unwashed hair.  To be honest, it was totally worth the extra 50 minutes of sleep.

I have officially started school with my online Communications course.  I've already read a chapter and completed two assignments.  The assignments were particularly easy because they were about my favorite subject - ME!  Ha!

Some days are difficult to just get up, get going, and accept my responsibilities, but I always find a good reason to do it.  Generally, that reason is baby Stevie.  Why do I have to get up and get ready so early?  Because Stevie needs a mama to be ready at his usual 5:30 wakening for some warm milk.  Why do I have to go back to school?  Because the more opportunities I give myself, the more opportunities Stevie has.  Why do I have to do yet another load of laundry?  Because Stevie needs clothes!

It's pretty easy to throw a pity party, but when I realize this is all just part of the wonderful life I've been given and there are about a million people out there doing the same thing I do everyday as well as a million people out there who wish they did what I do everyday, I start to look at it as more of a blessing than a burden.  At least I have a family to take care of, at least I have the means to go to school, and at least I have a job.

So, when you feel like giving up, instead, make the decision to give a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment