Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Thursday Push!


Let's be honest, I need a little more than just a push this week...

Exhaustion has officially set in.  I think anyone is capable of handling an overflowing plate for a short period of time before sleep deprivation starts to set in.  I like to think I'm Super Woman, but turns out I'm not.

Work is still work and some days (or multiple days in a row!) I get really down about the situation I've put myself in, but for the most part I'm dealing with it and trying to keep a positive attitude.  Generally, something happens that really gets me going, but I'm trying to at least arrive in a good mood then see where the day takes me.  Haha.

Today, I am particularly tired because my sweet baby boy decided to pull an all-nighter.  He didn't finally fall asleep until around 2 am!  We fell asleep on the couch watching some late night cartoons; I felt like I'd just fallen asleep when my 5 am alarm on my phone went off, not to mention the Yo! Gabba Gabba nightmares.  I still have no idea what set him off to begin with, but the possibility of an ear infection was brought to my attention and I hope that's not the case.  The poor child just got over a URI.

An old friend of mine came across a 'why me?' status update on Facebook and reminded me to "just keep swimming..."  After that, my favorite step-aunt-in-law said, "Suzie, unlike Dory, don't forget where you are going" and reading those two comments a few times has really lifted me up.  What would we do without encouragement?

So, that's my advice to everyone having a bad day, week, month, or year:  JUST KEEP SWIMMING!


No comments:

Post a Comment