Thursday, June 2, 2011

Confessions of a Real Life Mom.

Big Steven's statement to me after I got home from this shopping trip:

"Your readers are going to be very disappointed in your shopping the last 2 days."

When I get upset, I compulsively shop.

Yesterday was a frustrating/upsetting day for me.  Thank God for reflection last night and a new day today!  I am a pretty frugal person (obvi), but I seriously have an issue with shopping when I get upset; this is why I stayed broke for many years, haha.  I went into HT for fresh fruit to make a fruit salad and came out with much more...

The damage:



What You See:

1 HT Peanut Butter
2 HT Apricot Preserves
2 Babybel Cheese
4 Lean Pockets
10 Smart Ones
2 Steak-Umms
2 HT Shredded Cheese
1 2.5 lb bag of Frozen Chicken
4 Cream of Chicken Soup
4 5ct Refrigerated Biscuits
6 cans Tuna
1 Xtra Laundry Detergent (totally free for eVIC members)
3 Mueller's Whole Grain Pasta
1 Cantaloupe
4 Apples
1 bag Grapes
1 carton Strawberries

Total OOP: $71.34...OMG!
Total Saved: $60.42 + $15.98 in eVIC coupons

HT apparently doesn't take B1G1 coupons printed online, so I couldn't use the 2 I had for the Lean Pockets.  I still saved a ton using very few coupons and taking advantage of B1G1 deals, but it's the amount of money you spend that counts, not the amount you save.

So, that's the damage of another unplanned shopping trip. 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Suzie...you needed all that stuff...right?... so I consider it a justified shopping trip! I can't wait to go to HT this week.. I already have my shopping list prepared!! We have been eating all of our Let's Dish meals lately which has saved me SO much money... but I am trying to spice it up a bit and with some of the B1G1 action!! We all have our down weeks! Keep up the GOOD work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH! Mandy, I will definitely use it all! HT is great this week - especially for shrimp! I am going to talk Big Steven into convincing me to get the shrimp :) You rule, I hope you share more meals!

    ReplyDelete