Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pasta Carbonara!

nice and blurry for ya!
 You are very welcome for that fantastic shot of deliciousness.  I hope I find my charger for my camera ASAP.

Anyhoooo.  I changed up my recipe from here a scoatch.  I used more Bacon because I didn't serve it with anything else but a nice Caesar Salad.

You Will Need:
1 box Pasta (I used whole grain this time)
6 thick slices bacon, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Whole Milk (heavy cream or evaporated milk works)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
S&P to taste
Cook Pasta according to package, drain.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Allow to drain on a papertowel and break up into small pieces and set aside.
Pour out all but about 1 Tbsp of the bacon grease.  Add drained Pasta to the skillet; add Butter, Milk, Nutmeg, & Parmesan.  Sauce will become thick quickly, so you want to serve this immediately. 
Sprinkle a little more Parmesan on top if your little heart desires!
This is a super satisfying dish and goes perfectly with a delicious salad.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment