Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just Keep Moving.

Frustration.

That about sums up this whole running experience for me right now.  I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and pretty amazed at what my body can do, but I am also incredibly frustrated with the 'results' I'm getting.

At first, I lost a couple of lbs, so I was excited, but then...

...let's just say that my weight now compared to my weight before I went to the beach (I started running the week I came back) is 10 lbs heavier.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Everyone keeps saying that it's muscle, and I believe some of it is muscle because I feel incredibly strong, but that wouldn't really explain why my jeans are too tight. 

H O R R I B L E.

Yesterday was my best run to date; I finished my one way trip to the school - a little over 1.5 mi. - in 20 minutes.  Now, that may not seem impressive, but it's 10 minutes faster than I usually go and I only walked 2 minutes of that time, which is considerably better than my first run less than 4 weeks ago where I could barely run 5 minute intervals.  On my way back home, I couldn't run as much, but I kept telling myself 'just keep moving.'  So I did.  I ran when I could and walked when I couldn't, but I just kept moving.

I decided this morning that the only way to counteract this weight gain and start seeing results is parallel to my individual runs.  I gotta keep moving.  What I really want to do is sit on my butt for a few days, eat some cheeseburgers, and call it a day because I'm frustrated, angry, and super upset, BUT I won't.  I'll just push myself harder and surely the results will come, right?

Essentially, it's my new fav slogan:

Just Keep Moving.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Awe you sound like me! I am actually supposed to be working out right now so maybe I will go do that :) Seriously just keep moving! And I am also working on running! I ran a 5k once thats about it haha. Didn't train, so lame, but need to get in shape!!!

    Ashley Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could be gaining some muscle, or retaining water. but anyways, yes the 30 day shred is a killer and you should totally try it :) I didn't even finish it the first time I tried it! hahaha It seems so simple, yet in reality it is SO hard! But you can do it :)! Its worth it.
    -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Ashley and Alycia! I will just keep it going and add some Jillian to my life. That should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete