Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Milestones.

{stevie's first pacie!}
My sweet baby is going to be a 2 year old big boy in November.  It's been so exciting to watch him grow up and has given me such joy.  While there are some really hard times that make me cry and/or want to rip my hair out, there is honestly no greater feeling than being a mom.
{he loved that thing!}
Yesterday, with the help of Mrs. L, I think we broke Little Steven of his beloved pacie.  He went without it all day at Mrs. L's house, so we decided to run with it and put him to bed without one; he never once asked for it and went right to sleep.  When he woke up this morning, he said "bee-u, mama" and I told him he's a big boy and that was that.
{first time in his jumper!}

I'm crossing my fingers that he's not a terror today at daycare because I didn't pack one, but I am so happy that he gave it up so easily.  And, to be honest, a little bit sad.  You see, giving up the pacie is sort of a transition from baby to toddler and I am having real problems with that.

{stevie's first time sitting up on his own!}
The truth is, I secretly wanted him to wake up in the middle of the night crying for me.  I really miss that.  I remember when I thought the up all night phase would never end and now I want it back.  I wish I hadn't hoped for 'better days' when he was up crying all night as a colicky baby because I long to hold him all night now.  I've finally come to terms with not sleeping because I realize now that's when we bonded the most.

{stevie's first time standing on his own!}
Alright, I have to quit now because I'm becoming a blubbering baby at work, but I'm looking forward to not rushing the next 16 years.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome to come hold my kid all night, whenever you want! just kidding. I love getting kicked in the chest becuase he's turned himself sideways in our bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandy!

    Sarah - when Stevie sleeps with us, he also likes to sleep sideways, hahaha. it's horribly uncomfortable, but sometimes I love it!

    ReplyDelete