Thursday, September 22, 2011

Smilings My Favorite + Awkward & Awesome


Do you even see that picture?!  I just die!  Every time I have a camera, he is ready to smile.  Of course, I love when he smiles in general, but smiling is so contagious.  In pictures, I smile with my mouth shut because I have adult braces; however, in real life, people get the real deal - hardware and all.  It's pretty incredible how much a person's mood can change just by smiling - and how much we can change other people's moods by smiling, too!

I used to work for a hospice company.  I absolutely loved the job itself and am super passionate about the industry; it's the reason I know my calling in life is to be a nurse.  For the most part, I was surrounded by some of the most beautiful people I've ever met, including my Mama, and continue to be so inspired by them.  In contrast, there were a couple of people that rubbed me the wrong way for various reasons.  While I know now that responding back in a negative way was a horrible idea and only cultivated worse feelings, they made it difficult to really enjoy my job and smile.  It occurred to me that I wasn't really proud of the person I was at work in some instances; while I gave and received a lot of encouragement and kindness from the the majority of my coworkers, it bothered me that I wasn't giving and receiving the same encouragement from the minority - specifically two.  So, I decided to move on.  My job now isn't necessarily the most positive working environment, but it allows me to go to school, be a mom, and make money; even if I have my complaints, I'm seriously blessed to have an opportunity to do all of these things and am incredibly grateful for my boss and his kind (albeit, stubborn) heart.  What's not to smile about?

Awkward:
- Snorting.  I snort when I laugh sometimes, which is common knowledge to my friends and family,  but it's always really uncomfortable when a 'new' person experiences the snort.
- Being told by more than one person that Zooey Deschanel's character in The New Girl reminds them of me.  I thought so myself, too, but the realization that everyone else knows me to be that awkward is...awkward.
- My two pack.  I have successfully developed a two pack in my belly, but the part where the other 4 are supposed to go is still a little bit like Jell-O, so it's in a really strange looking stage.
- Giving the neighbors and accidental 'show' this morning in my nighty letting Bella out.  I didn't think anyone would see me!
Awesome:
-GLEE started this week!  While the premiere wasn't all that great, I know it's gonna be a good season.
- The Redskins being 2-0 for the first time in 4 years.  HOLLAA!
- A two pack > A keg.
- Big Steven's cousin had her twins this morning.  Two very big, healthy baby girls!  She's one of the sweetest people I know and has a GIANT heart, so this blessing for her makes me ultra happy.
- Crockpots.  'Nuff Said.
- My Chocolate Banana Muffins.  To be continued...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment