Thursday, January 26, 2012

things you should know about me if we're gonna be friends...


1.  My clothes are random.  I just throw things together, find pieces that I really like (like the above shirt with fringe), and I call that 'my style.'

2.  In fact, everything about me rando.  I will do really weird stuff to get a reaction.  REALLY WEIRD STUFF - providing it doesn't totally compromise my morals and embarrass my children in the future (though, I have a feeling I'll get a lot of joy out of embarrassing them some day).

3.  Relating to the above, I have an attention problem.  I won't fake a disease or lie about anything to get attention, but I will not hesitate to do up a little dance for ya.  In public.  Where people can see me.

4.  I wear leggings as pants.  Sorry.

5.  I can KICK YOUR BUTT in a dance off.  I might not have the technical moves, but I just got 'it.'

6.  My pet peeves include (but are not limited to):
- the toilet paper being under.  ew.
- 'money saving sites' that constantly use that little link to get you to spend money you don't have so they can earn more.  defeating the purpose?  i think so.
- constantly being connected to some sort of device (likely a smart phone) while in social settings.  communicate with the people actually in the room.
disclaimer: i now have  smart phone, so if i become one of these people, SMACK ME.

7.  Chuck Norris jokes make me laugh.  Every time.  So do Mitch Hedberg's, my brother's, and my dad's.  E V E R Y T I M E!

8.  In reality, I laugh a lot.  At myself, at you, with you, whatevs.  I laugh.

9.  I am quite a country music lover, but I frequently get down with the following outcasts:
- Backstreet Boys, NKOTB, and any other boy band that ever existed
- Korn
- classic rock in ALL forms
- Demon Hunter, Haste the Day, Flyleaf, Seventh Seal and other bands that fall under the category of 'Christ Metal'
- and, if my sister is around, Ludacris

10.  I am an encourager/complimenter (not a word).  It was one of my changes I made a few years back when I decided I wanted to be a nicer gal.

11.  I understand people.  When people are upset, I know when they need me to be ultra there for them and I know when they need me to be quirky and show that I'm there in a different way.  This is thanks to my sisters who deal with pain and accept sympathy in extraordinarily different ways.

12.  When I read books to Little Steve at night, I sometimes get REALLY animated because it's super fun.  Also, I like to pretend that I'm reading to an audience of toddlers and am being critiqued on how 'into it' I am.

13.  I am not as dumb as I sometimes sound.  I don't actually think people from Brazil are called 'Brazillards' like I asked my sister, but it gave her a good laugh - a big LOL, actually.

14.  Aaaaaand sometimes I am, indeed, as dumb as I sound.  Por ejemplo:
- I thought Cheetos were called Cheese Toes for a really large portion of my life.  Like until 4 years ago.
- My brother convinced me at a young age that Angus beef was made from cow butt.  I embarrassed myself once.
- Also for a significant portion of my life, I thought the Pledge of Allegiance ended "one nation, under God, individual, with liberty and justice for all."
In all cases, my thinking was completely rational.

Stay tuned.  There are many more things you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment