Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tostadas!

Horrible picture quality, I know.
The truth is, I had to take a quick pic because I wanted to eat it up, but I try to eat no/low carb for dinner most nights, so my meal was a bit different.

I started with Holly's Warm Bean Dip recipe.
I made some for the Super Bowl and had about 1/4 left over for this meal.
The final recipe looks like this:

Mexican Tostada

1 lb Ground Turkey
1.5 - 2 cans Refried Beans (I used black and brown)
2 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (+ some for topping)
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1/2 packet Enchilada Seasoning
1 package Tostada Shells
Taco Sauce for garnish

Brown the Ground Turkey; drain.

Add the Refried Beans, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Cheeses, and Seasonings and mix 'em up!

Spread a thick layer on top of Tostada Shells, top with Cheese and Taco Sauce.

Suuuuuuuper Easy.
Two thumbs up from Big Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment