- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained (recipe calls for 4)
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) (1) kidney beans, (2) chilli beans rinsed and drained (recipe calls for 2 kidney and no chilli beans)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce*
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, water, onion, green pepper, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
I used A1 sauce to subsititue the Worcester sauce because we're out. For the beef boullion, I used a packet of beef seasoning from Rice A Roni that I previously just used the rice from.
The recipe also called for 1 medium green pepper and 1 medium onion - I opted out of the green pepper because I'm not sure my son could handle all that heat yet and I opted out of the onion because I don't like onions and I chose diced tomatoes that already had them included.
In conclusion, this dish was so yummy! I served it with vanilla - honey, cornbread muffins (boxed cornbread with 1 tbsp each honey and vanilla). My son loved it! I will upload his 'lovin' it' picture later.