Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Thursday Push!

First, let's be glad we've made it this far.  HAHA!  I could seriously go for a nice long nap right about now; if I can't have that, please give me another large cup of coffee :)

I will forever embrace you, my delicious cup of wonderfulness.  Caffiene-free is not for me!

OMProcrastination, I have done it again.  All the of activities in Unit 1 for one of my courses is due by tomorrow - this includes a writing test I have to take at a computer lab on campus!  First of all, I have a serious bone to pick with having to go to campus anyway; I am taking a few online courses because I cannot get to class with my schedule, so finding that time to get to campus during the week has become difficult.  I'll just have to suck it up and go this evening after I drop my son off at home.  Ladies and gentlemen, I am going to have a very long night.

So who's to blame here?  My teachers who have NO sympathy whatsoever for people trying to work through college and maintain a full time job?  Or is it Big Steve's fault for not doing something (I usually find a good reason to blame things on him)?  Or maybe it's my mother's fault for letting me be a procrastinator growing up!

Seriously?  It's my own darn fault.  I could have taken the test ahead of time at the campus where I have my Sunday class, but I chose to wait until the last minute to get 'er done, so I have to deal with the consequences.  The consequence in this case will probably be total exhaustion tomorrow.

I was momspired (inspired by a mom, duh) yesterday when I read this quote on another 'mom blog:'

"Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." H. Jackson Brown

If we spent less time trying to find reasons why things are the way they are or why we simply can't do 'it' and used that energy to actually get crap done, we'd be a little better off.

I hate to use this phrase excessively, but I just have to say it...

GET 'ER DONE!

Oh, and happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment