Monday, April 11, 2011

A Tribute to My Wonderful Mama!


Is it bad that I'm not sure how old my mom is?  I think 52?  In any case, I called her bright and early this morning to wish her a happy 74th!  Haha.

My mom is the most wonderful lady I know.  I feel so lucky to have been raised by such a kind-hearted, loving, hard-working woman.  I honestly believe that God has put her here to give joy to everyone she meets.  She works as a Hospice HHA and gives her heart and soul to every patient; after all these years of working in the field, she still gets heart-broken whenever someone passes away. 

My relationship with my mom has evolved tremendously in the last couple of years.  When I found out I was pregnant, though it wasn't under the best circumstances, I had no doubt my mom would be there to support me every step of the way.  Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I remind myself that my mom had 4 children (6 years old and younger) by the time she was my age!  Having my son has made me realize how truly awesome and special my own mother is; she gives me daily inspiration and encouragment without saying a word.

So, here's to you, Mama!  I love you more than I could ever even attempt to express and am always humbled by your love and compassion toward others.  If I am half the mom you are to me, Stevie will be in pretty good shape.

I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment