Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crab Cakes? Kind of.



As you can see, my 'Crab Cakes' turned out more like Crab Pieces....
I used a basic recipe from Progresso, but I made one change in particular that may have resulted in the inability for the Cakes to stay together.  I used homemade Bread Crumbs.  I only used them because I didn't have any Bread Crumbs (weird!) and I have a ton of Bread.  I even added 1/2 cup more than the recipe calls for...

It just wasn't meant to be!

Well, it wasn't meant to look nice.  They tasted pretty daaaaaaaang good, actually.

Note: The other change I made was swapping out canned Crab Meat (ew) with Trans Ocean Crab Classics.  Considering I got 4 pks of those for FREE this week at HT  (and only used 2 for this recipe), I'm okay that it didn't turn out perfect.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment