Monday, June 20, 2011

Best Friends & Fairy Tales.


One of my best friends got married yesterday.  She was absolutely gorgeous and her love with her new husband was evident.

My favorite part about Amanda's Fairy Tale is what led up to this moment.  She and Brandon met in August 2010.  Now, I was a bit shocked when they got engaged (mostly because I had never met him!), but I am mostly in awe of it.  They knew after 6 months or so of their relationship that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.

The ceremony had me in tears pretty much the second it started, which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me.  In the Christian faith, marriage is to resemble Christ's love for the Church.  The emphasis on love inspite of everything really made my heart melt.  Christ loved the church without an 'If-then' clause; Christ didn't say "Hey, church, I'll love you after you get your stuff together."  And so Amanda and Brandon vowed to love each other just as they are...forever.

There is very little more beautiful than this profession of love and I am grateful to have been a part of it.  EVEN if it means Amanda is many, many miles away.

Congratulations, my friend.  I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment