Friday, November 4, 2011

oh, the things you can do with coupons + sneak peek of goodies for stevie!

When I ventured out on my bloggy dreams,  I was a new couponer and a new baker.  The blog has opened up many avenues for creativity, but I don't forget where it all started: coupons!  Afterall, coupons have allowed me to save money to do things I wanna do and to cut my working hours in half!  YAH!  I am a serious believer.

I still get excited when I go to the grocery or CVS with coupons in hand.  For coupon nay-sayers, I just want to put out there that not all 'couponers' are like the ones on TLC's Extreme Couponing.  We don't all:

-spend 40 hours a week clipping coupons - that would sorta defeat the purpose of working part time.
- get free things just because they're free - if I don't use it, I don't buy it.  I'm lookin' at you, giant bag of maxi pads...
- save 90% each trip.  not sure where these stores are that allow you to use 342989 coupons in one transaction, but mine don't.  50% is fine with me.
- have a stock pile that has taken over our home - my house is small, so I stick with the designated pantry/kitchen areas.  My son doesn't need toilet paper stored under his crib, TYVM.

Having said that, I think it's awesome that coupons have become so mainstream.  It's a great way to live on a small budget and, perhaps my favorite part, it's a great way to stick it to the man.  Harris Teeter (my fav. store) had Super Doubles, so I took advantage and ended up with this:




Total OOP: $81.93
Total Saved: $179.55

BOOM!
The moral to the story is: use coupons.

And Stevie has been enjoying these for his birthweekend:


Cake pop recipe/tutorial coming this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment