Wednesday, April 11, 2012

on trend.

I am not a fashion blogger.
Read more about that here.

As I've mentioned before, I tend to happen upon trends and run with it.

Trending now: braids.


I am addicted to Pinterest.
The food, the hair, the tutorials!
I can't get enough of it!
Braids started showing up there and I became seriously fascinated with the fishtail braid.
I tried and tried and tried again and I've officially, nearly, almost mastered it.
And I am officially obsessed with braids.

Trending now: Headbands.


What a great way to mask the lumpy hair from falling asleep with it wet!
(For the record, Whit, I will NEVER forgive you if you are LC and haven't told me.  Unless you if you give me $$$).
I purchased a few bracelets from Pura Vida, where every bracelet sold goes to help provide jobs for Costa Rican residents (my plug of the day), and bought a pack for kicks.
People, these headbands rule.
They stay on, work for exercising, and make you look like a hippie.
To be honest, the closest I am to a hippie is not washing my hair for 2-3 days at a time, but I sure feel like one.

So, you see, I am actually on trend with my questionable choices in dress and hair.
Not sure if you noticed that denim top there - apparently that's super trendy, too!

comments about my 'fashion choices' as of late:

"what's on your head?" - niece
"are you an indian now?" - general manager
"you got that indian thing going." - boss
"hahahhahahhahah." - big steve

Loving your mama is always on trend, even more so when you become one because you don't want your kids to EVER know about how crappy you were to your mom as a teen.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMA!


You are awesome and pretty and I'm so glad I act and look like you.

2 comments: