Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2012 so far.



If you recall, I made a

list of resolutions a billion days ago.
Then, I added a few more.

Let's update on those, shall we?

1.  I am not sure if I'd call myself a 'running freak,' and school caused about a 4 week exercise slump, but I am hanging in there.  I have been running/jogging/walking more than I ever have in my 27 (almost 28!) years of life.  That counts for something, right?

2.  Big Steve and I have done a better job at implementing date night.  We've had 2 weekends away from Stevie and a couple of nights out on the town together.  That is significantly more than we've even attempted since the little one was born.  Hecks yes.

3.  Spend $100 or less on groceries per month.  Well, I added up the money I've spent on groceries this year and it comes to around $960, which averages out to be about $150/month.  SOOO, that needs some work and is where keeping up with cash envelopes would really come in handy.  Mental note - check!

4.  I've been keeping up with school and focusing on the future 'school goals,' all while not failing chemistry.  Success?  I think so.  Microbiology is right around the corner, though...

5.  Sewing?  What's that?  Needless to say, I haven't made time for sewing...YET!

6.  I haven't taken Stevie to many fun places yet this year on Fridays.  I had so many plans to take him to the museums and to the zoo, but it hasn't really panned out that way.  I have, however, been making more fun at home with him.  I gotta get that kid out more.

7.  I added a last minute goal for the year to not to spend money on clothes.  I've 'window shopped' a lot, both online and in the store, but I've actually been very successful in this area.  I managed to get a hole in my beloved VS black yoga pants, so I bought a new pair at Target.  I also found some shoes that reminded me of my Grandma and purchased those.  That's it, though!  Totaling around $40 for clothes and we're already more than half way through the year!  I am particularly proud of this one.

8.  Channeling my emotions into something other than breaking down and crying has proven to be quite the challenge for someone who is used to crying over everything.  Luckily, God interfered here and gave me the obvious solution:  Him.

I was reflecting on my year and my goals and realized how strange it was that not a single one of my goals included Jesus.  Feeling a leeeetle bit humbled today as I write to tell you that the largest change that has been made in my life has been my walk with Jesus.

Sure, I've managed to stick to my goals, but we so often forget that everything is from Him.  Would I be able to have date night without family willing to watch Stevie so we can spend time alone?  Would I be able to go to school if I didn't get grants from the school to pay for my education?

Perspective is incredible.

I actually have so much to share here, so much that has been laid on my heart, and so much to write praises about.

My relationship with Christ will alter my blogging significantly.
I'll still be my charming, lovely self and I will still share my cooking skillz and $ saving tricks, but with a different ultimate goal in mind.

How cool that my little break from blogging has given me time to reflect on so much more than school and has added so much to my testimony of faith.
Well played, God.  Well played.
I'm feeling pretty excited about sharing it all with you, so stick around!

 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,  but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

2 Timothy 1: 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment